Ofsted Reports for Running Deer School can be viewed online by selecting one of the following links:
Academic Year 2019 – 2020
Exam results for the school year 2019-2020
- AQA GCSE English Literature: 4, 4
- AQA GCSE Maths: 5, 4
- ASDAN Level 2 Certificate of Personal Effectiveness: Pass, Pass
- ASDAN Short Course Award in Expressive Arts: 2 credits, 5 credits
- Gateway Qualifications Level 2 Award in Applied Science and Technology: Merit
There was one formal complaint made against the school in the academic year 2019-2020. This complaint was not upheld by the Board of Directors.
- The Executive Directors were criticised by the Board for the delay in responding to the complaint. However the Board members appreciated that Covid-19 would have had an impact on the schools ability to investigate the complaint in a timely fashion.
Academic Year 2018 – 2019
In the academic year 2018 to 2019 no exams were taken and one complaint was made. The complaint was partially upheld and the Board of Directors made the following recommendations as a result:
- Complete a review of Running Deer School practice regarding therapy dogs.
- Review the Risk Assessment for Butterdon Wood: ensure that the main gate is closed and latched when staff are not present; that the gate is staffed at the beginning and end of the day, and when the gate is opened for vehicle access; install signage, latches and a system so that the gates will close in their own.
- Investigate whether any improvements could be made on how we communicate with parents and guardians, and whether anything else can be done to improve student transitions.
Academic Year 2017 – 2018
In the academic year 2017 to 2018 no exams were taken and no formal complaints were made.
Running Deer School is a DfE registered independent school (registration number: 878/6067) for young people with Special Educational Needs. Part of Running Deer CIC, we provide activities and opportunities based around traditional rural skills and land based studies, bushcraft, equine assisted education, dog therapy, green woodworking and conservation.
Running Deer CIC is a not for profit organisation and company limited by guarantee. Company No: 7605814. VAT Reg No: 289345260.
Head of School: Rachael Knight
Telephone: +44(0)1647 400201
Email: school at runningdeer.org.uk
Address: Butterdon Wood, Moretonhampstead, Devon, TQ13 8PY